Dr Yohan Noh, BSc,MSc, PhD
Email: Yohan.Noh @kcl.ac.uk
Yohan Noh is currently a research associate in the Centre for Robotics Research (CoRe). He received B.S. degree in the Department of Mechanical Engineering from Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Korea in 2002, B.S. degree in the Department of Electrical Engineering from Yonsei University, Korea in 2004, and received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in the Department of Science and Engineering from Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan in 2007 and 2011 respectively.
Description of Research
His research interests include development of force and tactile sensors, robot assisted ultrasound diagnostic system, mechanical design, medical training system, and medical robots.
- Optic based multi-axis force/torque sensors
- Medical training systems
- Robot-assisted ultrasound diagnostic system
- Soft and flexible continuum robots
- A. Paknejad, A. Mansourian, Y. Noh, K. Khtatba, S. H. Mannan, Thermally stable high temperature die attach solution, Materials & Design, 89(5), pp. 1310-1314, 2015.
- Sareh, Y. Noh, M. Li, T. Ranzani, H. Liu, K. Althoefer, Macrobend optical sensing for pose measurement in soft robot arms, Smart Mater. Struct., 24(12), 2015.
- Noh, S. Sareh, H. A. Würdemann, H. Liu, J. Housden, K. Rhode, K. Althoefer, Three-axis Fiber-optic Body Force Sensor for Flexible Manipulators, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2015.
- Xie, H. Liu, Y. Noh, J. Li, S. Wang, K. Althoefer, A Fiber-Optics based Body Contact Sensor for a Flexible Manipulator, IEEE Sensors Journal, 15(6), pp. 3543-3550, 2015.
- Noh, M. Segawa, A. Shimomura, H. Ishii, J. Solis, K. Hatake, A. Takanishi, WKA-1R Robot Assisted Quantitative Assessment of Airway Management, International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 3(6) pp. 543-550, 2008.
- Noh, N. Segawa, H. Ishii, J. Solis, K. Hatake, A. Takanishi, Determination of effective evaluation parameters on the airway training, Gerontechnology, 7(2), pp.174, 2008.
- Sareh, Y. Noh, T. Ranzani, H.A. Wurdemann, H. Liu, K. Althoefer, A 7.5mm Steiner chain fiber-optic system for multi-segment flex sensing, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2015), pp.2336 – 2341, 2015.
- Vithanage, Z. Wang, Y. Noh, T. Nanayakkara, S. Hirai, Robust real time material classification algorithm using soft three axis tactile sensor: Evaluation of the algorithm, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2015), pp.2093 – 2098, 2015.
- Noh, R. J. Housden, A. Gomez, C. Knight, F. Garcia, H. Liu, R. Razavi, K. Rhode, K. Althoefer, An Ergonomic Handheld Ultrasound Probe Providing Contact Forces and Pose Information, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2015), pp. 5773 – 5776, 2015.
- Maghooa, A. Stilli, Y. Noh, K. Althoefer, H.A. Wurdemann, Tendon and pressure actuation for a bio-inspired manipulator based on an antagonistic principle, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2015), pp. 2556 – 2561, 2015.
- Noh, E.L. Secco, S. Sareh, H.A. Wurdemann, H. Liu, K. Althoefer, A continuum body force sensor designed for flexible surgical robotic devices, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2014), pp.3711 – 3714 , 2014.
“Best student paper finalists”, 8th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications Tension Sensing for a Linear Actuated Catheter Robot”, 2015.
“Best Presentation Award”, International Symposium on Micro-Nano Systems for the interaction of Young Researchers “Commercialization on Robotic Airway Management Simulator which can provide Clinical Skills Assessment and Simulate Various Difficult Airway Situations”, 2012.
“Best Conference Paper Award”, ICME International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering “Development of Airway Management Training System WKA-4: Provide Useful Feedback of Trainee Performance to Trainee during Airway Management”, 2012.
“Best Presentation Award”, 12th SCIE System Integration Division Annual Conference (Japan) “Development of a sensor which measures lung air intake to objectively assess airway management”, 2011.
“Best Presentation Award”, 11th SCIE System Integration Division Annual Conference (Japan) “Development of Airway Management Training System WKA-4 – Mechanical Design to Reproduce Patient Conditions in Airway Management -”, 2010.
“Best Conference Paper ”, Japanese Society of Computer Aided Surgery (Japan) “Airway Management Training System WKA-3 which can simulate various patient conditions during Tracheal Intubation”, 2009.
Patent no. 5475738 “Airway Management Training Passive Simulator” Japan, 2014.
Patent no. 5212944 “Optical Force Sensor” Japan, 2013.
Patent no. 4932768 “Airway Management Training Active System” Japan, 2012.
Patent no. 4993971 “Airway Management Training Active System” Japan, 2012.
Patent no. 5475738 “Position Detection System, Visualization, and Software for Airway Management Training System” Japan, 2012.
Patent no. US20110010155 A1 “Tracheal intubation training apparatus” US, 2011.
Patent no. EP2276014 A1 “Tracheal intubation training apparatus” EU, 2011.
Patent no. WO2009113196 A1 “Tracheal intubation training apparatus” World, 2009.