- We have demonstrated our work on remote
Ultrasound in connected ambulance, during MWC 2019. Many thanks to Eugeniu Dimitriu,
Konstantinos Antonakoglou, and the
Ericsson team to make this a great success! Summary of the work can
be found here.
- I have a new PhD studentship; please check here for more details.
- We are hosting a summer school on 5GV2X
communications, as part of the 5GCAR project. Please check here
for more details.
- In collaboration with BT, Verizon, Ericsson, and
Unmanned Life, we demonstrated autonomous operation of drones over
5G network, in KCL campus. See here
for an illustrative video.
- In collaboration with Ericsson and BT, we demoed
our work on 5G for Haptic Communications in a tele-robotic surgery
demonstration in Mobile World Congress 2017.
Check the BT
broadcast from the event for more details.
- We demoed our research on 5G network slicing,
Tactile Internet, and remote robotic intervention in the 5G World Summit.
Check this video
for a fantastic demonstration by Maria.
- My interview with Telecom TV on 5G Ultra-low
latency, during ETSI 5G summit is available here.
Keynotes/Talks (Full List)
- Keynote speech on “Automated
Driving empowered by Connectivity”, in SMAS, Mobicom
2019, Los Cabos, October 2019.
- Invited talk on “WWWs
of the Tactile Internet” in the 5G World summit, London, June
- Panel Chair, "Reality Check for connected
driving", EUCNC, Valencia, June 2019.
- Invited talk, "Autonomous Driving
Empowered by Connectivity", 5G Automotive, Berlin,
- Panel, Mission critical panel discussion, URLLC
executive industry event, London, September 2018.
- Invited lecture, " From Long-lived IoT to
real-time IoT", 2018 IEEE SPS Summer School on Internet of
Things for Biomedical and Healthcare, Xiamen university, China, July
- Invited talk, " What we really can do
with 5G ultra-low latency", IEEE 5G Summit, Trento, March
Automation of Network edge Infrastructure & Applications with aRtificiAl intelligence, CELTIC-NEXT, 2020-2023.
Virtual presence in moving objects, e.g. drones, through 5G (300k
Euro for KCL, EC H2020, 2018-2021).
- H2020 5GCAR:
delivering 5G communications for automotive Industry (425k Euro for
KCL, EC H2020, 2017-2019).
The UK Programmable Fixed and Mobile Internet Infrastructure (1.3M
GBP EPSRC, 1.3M GBP industry in-kind contributions,
in partnership with U of Bristol, U of Edinburgh and Lancaster
- BT Industry Project: Network Convergence for Low Latency
- BT Industry Project: Flexible 5G RAN configuration with the use of
network function virtualisation, 2016-2020.
Information about Drinking for Ex-serving personnel, in
collaboration with KCL Institute of Psychiatry (150k GBP, MRC, Start
date: Aug 2016). [InDEx webpage]
- H2020 VirtuWind: SDN/NFV implementation in industry networks
(550k Euro for KCL, EC H2020 , 2015-2018).
- Ericsson Industry Project: Tactile Internet 5G design (2015-ongoing).
- Computational Simulation model for Brain
Disorders, in collaboration with South London Stroke Register
Energy aware ICT optimization policies (EC FP7, 2010-2013).[FIT4Green
- Mobile VCE Core 4, Delivery Efficiency programme
My general area of interest is communication networks including:
- Ultra-Low Latency Communication
- Haptic Communication and Tactile Internet
- Network Virtualisation, integration of Cloud
& Mobile Networks
- Autonomous Networks, and Neural Networks
- Computational and Mathematical Thinking for Engineers, BSc level (year
1), first & second semester.
- Optical Communications, MSc
level, first semester.
Design , BSc level (year 3), second semester.
Theory, MSc level, second semester.
Systems , BSc level (year 3), first semester.
Networks II , MSc level, second semester
- Introduction to Telecommunication Networks, BSc level (year 3), second
Room BH(s)5.09 (Bush House, 5th floor)
London WC2B 4BG
Email: toktam dot mahmoodi
at kcl dot ac dot uk