PhD Student, 4th Year
Analysis of Meta-Stable RNA Secondary Structures
I am a PhD student within the Algorithms and Bioinformatics Research Group. My research interests are combinatorial optimisation problems and algorithm design. I am working under the supervision of Dr Kathleen Steinhöfel, Prof. Tomasz Radzik (second supervisor) and Prof. Andreas Albrecht (external supervisor).
My research is in the algorithmic area of computational RNA biology, with a particular interest in:
- RNA Energy Folding Landscapes
- RNA Structure Prediction
- miRNA Interaction/Prediction
- RNA Folding Dynamics
Presentations, Seminars and Posters
- PhD seminar, Analysis of Metastable RNA Thermodynamic Folding Landscapes.
University of Leicester, 6th March 2014.
- PhD Symposium in Computational Biology and Innovation. Dublin, Dec. 2013.
Computational MicroRNA Target Site Prediction.
- International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology/European Conference
on Computational Biology (ISMB/ECCB). Berlin, 19 - 23 Jul 2013, N014.
- BSc Project Admin Support (2013/2014)
- Teaching assistant - Advanced Data Structures in C++ (2013/2014/2015)
- Lab demonstrator - Advanced Data Structures in C++ (2012/2013/2015)