Object Oriented Specification Case Studies
This book is published by Prentice Hall in Bertrand Meyer's Series in
Object-orientation. It provides a substantial introduction to formal
object-oriented languages. It also has a very
Chapters introducing object oriented methods, object
oriented formal specification and the links between formal and
structured object-oriented techniques; seven case studies in particular
object oriented formal methods, including:
A glossary, index and bibliography are provided.
- The Unix Filing System: A MooZ Specification
- An Object-Z Specification of a Mobile Phone System
- Object-oriented Specification in VDM++
- Specifying a Concept-recognition system in Z++
- Specification in OOZE
- Refinement in Fresco
- SmallVDM: An Environment for Formal Specification and
Prototyping in Smalltalk
Authors : Many of the leading figures in the area, including the
developers of the above methods and languages: Silvio Meira,
Gordon Rose, Roger Duke, Antonio Alencar, Joseph Goguen, Alan
Wills, Cassio Souza dos Santos, Ana Cavalcanti.
Editors : K. Lano and H. Haughton
Length : 240 pages.
Cost : 23 UK pounds.