I am teaching the Object-oriented Specification and Design
I am teaching on the external Carnegie Library Lab
I have the following ongoing projects:
- UML-RSDS including the UML2C translator
- MDD for Finance: industry collaboration with HRS Ltd.
- MTNET: the UK network for model transformation engineering and verification
I am a member of the
SMAL research group
in the Department of Informatics
. My particular areas of interest
- Carnegie UK Carnegie Lab project: Software Engineering training for employment skills. £6700. April 2016-September 2017.
- Widening Participation in Informatics: Widening Participation project. £5900. September 2017-August 2018.
- MTNET Model Transformations Network project, a UK Network project
- Collaborate on ENGINE EU project, with Wroclaw University, Poland, in the area of requirements engineering.
Model Transformation Design Patterns
A Framework for Model Transformation Verification
Patterns for Model Transformations (ICSEA 2011)
Slicing of UML Models (ICSOFT 2010, MODELS 2010)
Specification and Verification of Model Transformations (IFM 2010)
(Presented at ROOM 2, June 1998)
(Presented at ECOOP 98, Workshop 6)
Catalogue of model transformations
Current/Recent PhD Students
Hessa Alfraihi (Agile Model-Driven Development)
Sobhan Yassipour-Tehrani Requirements engineering for model transformations.
Shekoufeh Kolahdouz-Rahimi (Model transformation specification): Awarded 2013
Kleopatra Chatziprimou (Optimisation of cloud computing
environments): Awarded 2016
Krikor Maroukian (MDD for business modelling)
Ravinder Singh-Zandu (MDD for business modelling)
- UML-RSDS: Reactive Systems Design Support. Comprising development of a
method and toolset for system development using UML and the MDA.
- Understanding the Record: Using metamodelling and transformations to represent electronic health records.
Points of Esteem
I am an editor of the Software Systems Modelling journal (Springer).
I am on the programme committee of MODELS, VOLT, AMT, PAME, MODELSWARD and ICSEA.