Dr. Hana Chockler
Email: Hana.Chockler at kcl.ac.uk
Office: S6.20 Tel: +44 20 7848 2928
My main research interests are in formal verification of hardware and software systems. I am especially interested in metrics for checking correctness and thoroughness of formal verification, and in explanation of the output of the formal verification tools. I am also interested in hybrid verification, which is combining formal methods and testing to improve scalability and thoroughness of the validation process.
Main research topics:
· Formal verification: model-checking of hardware and software.
· Coverage and vacuity in formal verification.
· Causality, responsibility, and its relation to formal methods. New: the paper “The Computational Complexity of Structure-Based Causality” is accepted to JAIR, to appear in 2017.
· Explanation of counterexamples.
· The cross-entropy method for testing.
Current and past research projects:
· PINCETTE – Validating Changes and Upgrades in Networked Software, EU FP7 STREP Project (coordinator).