Dr. Loukides is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in
the Department of Informatics, King's College London. He was a Royal
Academy of Engineering Research Fellow (2011-2016) at School of Computer
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2008-2011) at the Department of
University, USA. His research interests
are in data mining
with a focus on privacy. His research
investigates theoretical and practical aspects including algorithmic design and optimization, and explores
applications in healthcare and business.
He serves as an Associate Editor in
IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS) and as a PC member of
conferences (e.g., ICDE, ICDM, CIKM, AAAI, and IJCAI). He is editor of Medical
Data Privacy Handbook and author of Anonymization
of Electronic Medical Records to Support Clinical Analysis.
1. P. Charalampopoulos, H. Chen, P. Christen, G. Loukides, N. Pisanti, S. P. Pissis, and Jakub Radoszewski. Pattern Masking for Dictionary Matching.
International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC), 2021. (Forthcoming)
2. H. Chen, A. Conte, R. Grossi, G. Loukides, S. P. Pissis, and M. Sweering. On Breaking Truss-Based Communities.
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), 2021. Research Track. (code)
3. G. Loukides and Solon P. Pissis. Bidirectional String Anchors: A New String Sampling Mechanism.
European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), 2021. (code)
4. A. Conte, R. Grossi, G. Loukides, N. Pisanti, S. P. Pissis, and G. Punzi. Beyond the BEST Theorem: Fast Assessment of Eulerian Trails.
Fundamentals of Computation Theory (FCT), 2021.
5. G. Bernardini, H. Chen, G. Fici, G. Loukides, and S. P. Pissis. Reverse-Safe Text Indexing.
ACM Journal of Experimental Algorithmics (JEA), 2021.(code)
6. C. Hu, Li, Z. Liu, X. Guo, Y. Wei, X. Guang, G. Loukides, and C. Dong. How
to Make Private Distributed Cardinality Estimation Practical, and Get
Differential Privacy for Free.
USENIX Security Symposium, 2021. (full version)
7. L. Zheng, H. Chan, G. Loukides, and M. Li. Maximizing Approximately k-Submodular Functions.
SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM), 2021. (full version, code)
Loukides, R. Gwadera, and S. Chang. Overexposure-aware
ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), 2020.
Publications (more at: DBLP,
Bernardini, H. Chen, A. Conte, R. Grossi, G. Loukides, N. Pisanti, S. P.
Pissis, G. Rosone, and M. Sweering.
Combinatorial Algorithms for String Sanitization.
ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD), 2020. (code)
Bernardini, A. Conte, G. Gourdel, R. Grossi, G. Loukides, N. Pisanti,
S. P. Pissis, G. Punzi, and L. Stougie, and M. Sweering. Hide and Mine in
Strings: Hardness and Algorithms.
IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), 2020.
Loukides and G. Theodorakopoulos. Location
histogram privacy by sensitive location hiding and target histogram
Knowledge and Information
Systems: An International Journal (KAIS), 2020.
[Extended version in arxiv]
C. Dong and G. Loukides. Approximating
Union/Intersection Cardinality with Logarithmic Complexity.
IEEE Transactions on Information
Forensics and Security, vol 12 (11), 2017.
G. Loukides and R. Gwadera. Optimal
SIAM International Conference on Data
Mining (SDM), 2015.
6. R. Gwadera, A. Gkoulalas-Divanis, and G. Loukides. Permutation-based Sequential Pattern
IEEE International Conference on Data
Mining (ICDM), 2013. (Acceptance rate for regular papers: 94/809≈11.6%)
7. A. Gkoulalas-Divanis and G. Loukides. Revisiting
Sequential Pattern Hiding to Enhance Utility.
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), 2011.
8. G. Loukides, A. Gkoulalas-Divanis, and B. Malin. Anonymization
of Electronic Medical Records for Validating Genome-Wide Association
Proceedings of the National
Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107 (17),
2010. (Impact Factor 9.83)
Acknowledged as one
of the most
important technologies to improve the effectiveness of healthcare
National Human Genome Research